No. It is essential that you have the permission of the individual you are searching before you run the search; this is due to the Data Protection Act  as every search leaves an electronic footprint on their credit file. The individual who has been searched will also be able to view that you have carried out a search and why.
Who Can Use Consumer Reports?
Any organization which;
- Has a Data Protection License
- Holds a Consumer Credit License
- Definitely required if issuing credit agreements
For full guidance see the OFT website (www.oft.gov.uk)
And Also has consent
- Consent is required for searches to be carried out
- Often on terms of business / application form
- Can be verbal – must be scripted for consistency