Creditsafe AML has been developed to ensure anti-money laundering compliance, meeting all standards for electronic identity verification as per the Joint Money Laundering Steering Group (JMLSG) guidance.
How to run an AML search
Before you start please ensure you have at least an individual’s:
For more accurate results please also obtain:
You can also include telephone information and up to three previous addresses if you have that information.
To start the search go to the main menu and select: Credit Solutions > People Search and then select the 'AML' tab.
Enter the information you have and click 'Validate' to run the search. Ensure the Profile Name section states 'AML' and not 'Bank Match'.
Note: You can also enter a reference tag using the 'Reference' box for your internal record purposes.
Results and Re-Validation
You will then be taken to the search results which will give you a 'Pass' or 'Refer' result as well as information including:
Birth Index - Verifies birth certificate date for England & Wales for people born between 1984 & 2003. It is a valuable check to confirm age, particularly for younger age groups who may not otherwise have a strong footprint in society.
- Age Range - This item check takes the date of birth submitted and converts it into an age as of the date of the authentication, resulting in a banding being provided.
In the event of a refer result the result box may ask you to add documentation to run a 'Re-Validation' check. Here you will be required to add in information from at least 2 of the 5 different forms of documentation to support the report including:
- Driving License
- MPAN Number
- European ID Card
- National Insurance Number
You can select the document type in the 'Follow Up Actions' section in order to enter the information required. Click the 'Re-Validate' button and the search will re-run and return either a 'Pass' or 'Refer' result.
IMPORTANT: 'Re-Validation' can only be run once so it is essential the information is entered correctly.
Results Summary and Matches
This section provides you with a visual representation of the results and gives you a breakdown of the match level for each of the information sets.
You can also look up historical information using the 'History' button. You can view all previous reports, print results in CSV format, edit references and 'Re-Validate' those less than 90 days old.
Bank Match Validation and Verification
Bank Match Validation and Verification (BAVV) checks bank account, name and address details against the latest reference data online and in real time from information worldwide.
When running an AML search you can select either an 'AML' or 'Bank Match' search in the Profile Name section.
You will then be given the option to insert Sort Code and Account Number information. The Personal Details, Current Address & Bank Account Details will need to be populated to perform a full Bank Match check.
Once you have entered all the relevant information click 'Validate' to run the search.
The search results will appear but will also provide you with two additional sections of the results of the AML report.
The validation section currently checks the below criteria:
- Direct Debits - Allows a third party to transfer money from a person’s account. Used for household bills, subscriptions, memberships etc.
- Direct Credits - Is a deposit of money by a payer directly into a payee's bank account. Used for salaries, pensions etc.
- CHAPS Sterling - Is the same day system for payments made within the UK in sterling as long as instructions are received.
2pm on a working day. Used for high-value transactions with guaranteed same day payment.
- CC&C Clearing - Is an interbank payment system in England, Scotland and Wales that processes cheques and other
- Faster Payments - A UK banking initiative to reduce payment times between different banks. Used for large number of
small payments such as bills, expenses etc.
- BACs Clearing - A system in the UK for making payments directly from one bank account to another.
- EISCD Data File (Extended Industry Sort Code Directory) - is a downloadable database containing
information about all banks and building societies.
The verification section verifies that the bank information entered matches the individual who the AML has
been run against and confirms the age of the bank account.