Tree Configuration Logs
Users can quickly and easily access the Tree configuration logs within Check & Decide to view the history log for a decision tree to track and review the past actions and changes made to the tree configuration.
User must view a new sub-tab named "Tree Configuration Logs" added under the 'Configuration' sub-menu. Selecting "Tree Configuration Logs" sub-menu must take the user to the "Tree Configuration Logs" page.
The user must be able to reset the updated search filters by selecting the 'Reset' button. (The default Log Date Range must not be reset).
The user must be able to perform a search with the selected filters by selecting the 'Search' button.
Under the "Tree Configuration Logs" page header, the user must be able to view the below search filters:
- 'Decision Tree' (Default set to 'All')
- 'Log Date Range' (Default 'From' date is start of the year and the default 'To' date must be the current system date)
- 'Activity Type' with the dropdown values:
Log of changes to metrics for a decision tree:
- Display a history of the metric added, updated, or deleted.
- Display a history to show what Failed Statuses/Unavailable Statuses have been changed.
- Display a history to show when Failed Statuses/Unavailable Statuses were changed.
- Display a history to show who changed Failed Statuses/Unavailable Statuses.
- Display a history of the Unavailable Status updates.
- Display a history to show what threshold values have been changed.
- Display a history to show when threshold values were changed.
- Display a history to show who changed threshold values.
You must view the below details displayed in the "Instance Log History" section.
- 'Decision Tree Name'
- 'Date Modified'
- 'Value': Metric Name
- 'Attribute Type'
- 'Config Field Type'
- 'Old Value'
- 'New Value'
- ‘Activity Type’
- The most recent update on the Tree Configuration will be displayed at the top of the table in the “Check & Decide – Tree Configuration Logs” section. The history log records are sorted in descending order based on their modification date.
- If no Configuration Log History is available, then we must display a banner message on the "Tree Configuration Logs" page that states "Looks like we don't have any Tree Configuration History available".
3. When Instance Log History data is available, but no matching record is found based on the search criteria, we must display an information message in the "Check & Decide – Tree Configuration Logs" section that states "There are no records to display for the selected search criteria. Try Another Search".